As a Research Associate within BCG’s Data and Research Service (DRS) function, you will form an integral part of our Americas DRS team. Through the delivery of secondary research, you will contribute to BCG’s client work and knowledge base by supporting proposals, client cases and business or internal development initiatives. You will clearly synthesize, package, articulate and deliver your findings in a timely and accurate manner and conduct research on commercial, multi-industry and economic topics. Excellent organization skills are essential for successfully managing a variety and volume of research requests by accurately summarizing data and facts into appropriate and timely output i.e. email, Excel, PowerPoint, Word. Along with supporting research products (i.e. news alerts, company profiles etc.), you will also contribute to knowledge capture and documentation.
Your research will be focused on topics within the Consumer and Marketing, Sales, and Pricing Practices. Topics of focus include retail, consumer products, travel & tourism, and fashion & luxury topics within the Consumer Practice, and marketing, digital marketing, sales, pricing, customer demand and customer experience topics within the Marketing, Sales, and Pricing Practice.
Engaging with customers
- You will thrive learning in a rich, fast paced, deadline driven yet thoughtful environment that is customer focused. Working closely with more senior team members, you will engage with our Consulting and Knowledge Teams daily with the aim to understand, scope and deliver accurate, timely and relevant data and information
- You’re an organized thinker who commits to learning research analysis including: methods, databases and tools, synthesis & packaging
Working accurately in a fast paced, deadline focused environment
- You will have strong attention to detail by clarifying request objectives under direct supervision and discussing the most appropriate and timely research approach. You will do this whilst communicating directly with BCG stakeholders to evaluate and recommend the most efficient and successful research strategy per project
Working well independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Working closely with fellow DRS colleagues, you will approach all interactions with the highest level of quality and customer service. You will also guide outsourcing partners in their research analysis and do quality assurance
Seeking professional development
- You will welcome the opportunity to grow and learn in an apprenticeship culture where you can quickly build and expand your research knowledge base to the next level
Communicating with confidence and ease
- You will be a clear and confident communicator, able to deliver messages in a concise manner with a positive disposition and you will help build a loyal customer base for DRS