At Boston Children’s Hospital, the quality of our care – and our inclusive hospital working environment – lies in the diversity of our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries around the world, we’re committed to reflecting the spectrum of their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team. Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique contributions can change lives. Yours included.
Seeking a highly motivated, full-time Research Assistant I to work on research projects at the intersection of Cognitive Neuroscience and Data Science that aims to analyze large fMRI datasets with the goal to understand the neural mechanisms supporting collective behaviors. This is an excellent opportunity to work at a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, become involved in Cognitive computational Neuroscience and Social Science research and learn cutting-edge computational techniques.
The Research Assistant I will be responsible for:
– Data preparation,
– fMRI/neural signal analysis
– Matlab programming and statistical analysis
– Work independently on the development of computer programs for data analysis
– Work closely with a multi-site team of investigators and their students in Neuroscience, Social Sciences and Data Science.
To qualify, you must have:
– Bachelor of Science in degree in Neuroscience, Biological Engineering, Electrical Engineering (focus on Signal Processing) or Physics.
– Experience in Matlab programming and preferably experience in fMRI data processing.
– Coursework in computational Neuroscience (if pursuing degree in Neuroscience)
– Interest in Neuroscience and the Social Sciences.
– Experience in analysis of human brain data is heavily preferred.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
BCH offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a rotating days/evenings and week-end schedule, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off).
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.