Bosch Security Systems (STNA) in Pittsburgh is focused on the research and development of cutting-edge technologies that will shape the future of the company’s products and services. Specifically, our lab works in the fast-paced field of the Internet of Things and Services (IoTS) – an exciting combination of business, technology, software, design, and user experience that is driven by the rapid development of connectivity, mobile computing, social computing, and Big Data analytics. A day in STNA is full of innovations, team work, and working on technologies touching everyday life.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled
- We are a new, innovative startup inside Bosch Security Systems Inc. working on transforming video technology into an intuitive data source for automating intelligent transportation systems. You will be part of developing Bosch’s next-generation of Cloud-Based Services software products across web, and embedded devices. Cloud-based Services will deliver solutions to our customers via online channels and smart connected devices.
- We are looking for an intern who helps us ensure high quality of product features. You will be responsible for testing our solutions on a regular basis, helping us to configure new installations, configuring cameras and supporting our accuracy tests by labeling real world scenarios for our data validation purposes.
- You will work with our developers to improve our product by providing feedback and usability studies.
- We are looking for a candidate who works precisely and accurately within our quality assurance process. You should have a passion to find bugs and all the nitty-gritty little things which are not working. Tasks are recurring but this should not prevent you from your thoroughly carried out work. You should have computer skills and have worked in the past with a variety of different applications in order to be able to use new software implementations and feel comfortable to use/switch between different tools at the same time.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Experience working with computer and Windows/Linux operation systems
- Skillful in using input devices as keyboard, mouse, touchpad
- Familiar with different web browsers, e.g. IE, Firefox, Chrome
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable working on repetitive tasks for extended periods
- Must currently be enrolled in a relevant academic BA degree program
- Must be able to commit to a minimum internship duration of 6-12 months, with the possibility of an extension (based on performance and needs)
- Must be able to commit to a part-time schedule of ~20 hour per week and during e.g. semester breaks up to 40 hours.
- U.S. work authorization required. Bosch Security Systems, Inc. does not offer sponsorship for student interns
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0 required
- Immediate start date preferred
- Local applicants only
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)