Description – External
Under the general guidance of a more senior staff member or Head of the department, the incumbent is responsible for developing and validating robust analytical methods to support testing of APIs, excipients, raw materials and finished products related to marketed/commercial global pharmaceutical products of Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health. Additionally, the incumbent will perform routine and non-routine testing related to investigational samples. The individual is expected to work under GMP and serve as an analytical project leader, as appropriate.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- With Minimum guidance from a more senior staff member develops, validates, and transfers robust analytical methods for testing of raw materials, excipients, APIs and finished products to BI QC labs and to the QC labs of CMO.
- Perform routine and non-routine testing related to investigational samples.
- Records, evaluates, interprets and summarizes technical data.
- Perform instrument troubleshooting.
- Prepare protocols, memos, reports, and regulatory documents.
- Acts as a Principal Investigator if needed.
- Able to deliver results for multi tasks and work in a team environment to meet business needs.
- Organizes and presents the results of work internally and externally.
- Functions as in-house consultant for areas of technical expertise and provide technical supervision to junior scientist as needed.
- Provides technical expertise in planning, monitoring, and maintaining project timelines to meet business needs.
- Understands and complies with Safety, Company Affirmative Action, and Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Performs second chemist check function as needed
- Must be able to shift priorities and projects, as company’s needs change. As needed, assists others as priorities change
- PhD from an accredited institution, with two (2) years of experience in a related scientific discipline; Or
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution, with a minimum of six (6) years of experience in a related scientific discipline; Or
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a related field.
- Expertise in separation sciences, other modern analytical technologies, or other chemical sciences.
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations, ICH/VICH guidelines, and compendia monographs/methods is preferred.
- Good ability to work with others to accomplish project goals.
- Plan and conduct scientific/laboratory experiments, evaluate and interpret data.
- Provide training and guidance to laboratory personnel.
- Prepare technical reports, publications and oral presentations.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.