Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. Blackstone seeks to create positive economic impact and long-term value for its investors, the companies it invests in, and the communities in which it works. Blackstone does this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Blackstone’s asset management businesses, with over $649 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone’s real estate business was founded in 1991 and has $196 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is one of the largest property owners in the world, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, multifamily and single family housing, office, hospitality and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world. Blackstone’s Core+ strategy invests in substantially stabilized real estate globally through regional open-ended funds focused on high-quality assets and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a non-listed REIT that invests in U.S. income-generating assets. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT).
Real Estate Debt Strategies, Residential – 2022 Analyst
Job Description and Responsibility:
Blackstone Real Estate Debt Strategies (“BREDS”) was formed in 2008 and has three platforms: drawdown funds, liquids funds, and a public mortgage REIT. The BREDS Residential team oversees residential credit investments across the capital structure. We are an investor in whole loan residential mortgages as well as an active participant in securitized markets. Additionally we are experienced in private and complicated transactions with an eye towards forming long term, scalable partnerships across the industry. Our ability to invest in a multitude of legal forms and structures enables us to find attractive absolute and relative return profiles.
Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, team members have the opportunity to assume integral roles across the investment process. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Analyzing and modeling residential credit opportunities across a wide variety of product types including whole loans (Single Family Rental, Non-QM, Residential Transition Loans, etc.), Mortgage Servicing Rights, strategic financing/mezzanine debt transactions, and other structured credit investments
• Preparing presentations and memoranda to analyze investment opportunities, financial strategies, and business performance
• Assisting in the underwriting, onboarding, and monitoring of residential mortgage originators
• Facilitating the structuring and execution of capital markets transactions and RMBS securitizations
• Managing business risks through the execution of interest rate swaps, foreign currency forwards and treasury futures
• Analyzing and modeling new strategic initiatives and business development opportunities for the BREDS Residential business
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have strong communication skills, a demonstrated ability to write effectively, and a desire to work in a team environment.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a fast-paced professional environment and juggle multiple projects
• Strong analytical aptitude and strategic problem solving skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and financial modeling
• Experience with SQL and / or Python preferred
• Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university
• 1 to 3 years of real estate investment, private equity, investment banking and/or sales and trading experience including demonstrated acquisition, development and/or financing transaction experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.