Job Title: Real Estate ESG (Analyst)
Reports To: Global Head of Real Estate ESG, Eric Duchon
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $649 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone’s real estate business was founded in 1991 and has $196 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is one of the largest property owners in the world, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, multifamily and single family housing, office, hospitality and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world. Blackstone’s Core+ strategy invests in substantially stabilized real estate globally through regional open-ended funds focused on high-quality assets and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a non-listed REIT that invests in U.S. income-generating assets. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT).
Blackstone has a deep commitment to ESG and is seeking to recruit an ESG Analyst for its Real Estate business. The position is located in New York and reports directly to the Global Head of Real Estate ESG, Eric Duchon. In this newly created role as part of the Asset Management team, this professional will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day activities of the Global and Americas ESG program within Blackstone Real Estate and across its real estate portfolio companies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Supporting the deployment of the global ESG program including providing analytical and project-based support to the Global ESG team
· Analyzing metrics and tracking progress on initiatives to the ESG team
· Assisting with the roll-out of the firm’s system of record, Schneider Energy, to all Real Estate portfolio companies and assets
· Communicating program strategy, goals, metrics and playbooks to various levels, from C-suite to portfolio managers to asset-level site management teams
· Developing educational content and documenting success stories and case studies
· Developing information to report to Blackstone functions responsible for data, performance improvement, procurement, and communication associated with energy and environmental performance
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. Qualifications for this role include, but are not limited to:
· Pursuing BA or BS in Real Estate, Engineering, Sustainability or Environmental Science
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ideally within Real Estate or ESG
· A demonstrated ability to write effectively, and a desire to work in a team environment, often under pressure.
· Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Ability to balance the importance of a sustainability position within a fast-paced investment setting
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.