The Pricing Strategy team is a nimble team within the Global Product Group that plays a central role in cross-functional discussions involving material pricing discussions and innovative fee structures for large clients. Given the importance of pricing in the asset management industry, the Pricing team was created in 2018 and continues to play a meaningful role in key pricing discussions and building pricing processes for BlackRock.
Your role and impact:
Our team brings discipline to pricing across BlackRock by reviewing fees based on key considerations and building processes around sophisticated pricing arrangements. We partner closely with Product Strategy and Client teams to build pricing analyses to get to the right price for strategic client negotiations. We build and socialize pricing standard methodologies based on key pricing themes with BlackRock partners. We execute on longer-term, strategic pricing projects with teams across BlackRock, and we analyze industry and firm pricing trends across business lines and asset classes.
Our team is currently based in New York but plays a global role working with key partners across teams and regions at BlackRock, including Product Strategy, Client Business, and Corporate Functions teams.
- Track fee discussions across the firm. Analyze and present key themes and takeaways from these discussions to internal partners
- Build impact analyses, write memos, and create presentations for ad hoc strategic client pricing discussions
- Collaborate with various BlackRock teams on setting up new pricing frameworks
- Review new pricing proposals for potential knock-on effects to other parts of BlackRock’s book
- Review and modify contract language around pricing to minimize risk to BlackRock
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Finance, or a related field of study
- Internship experience in the asset management industry is preferred
- Strong Excel financial analysis and PowerPoint presentation skills. Experience with SQL is a plus
- Strong communication skills with an ability to bring teams to consensus despite various perspectives
- Passionate about solving new problems and synthesizing information captured from different sources
- Fast learner who can get up to speed quickly in new situations with sophisticated operational and legal elements
- Organized and detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize optimally, multi-task efficiently, and adapt to new situations in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with results-oriented work ethic, focus on execution, and professional disposition
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.