Biobot Analytics transforms sewers into public health observatories.
We are looking for someone to help us relaunch our chemistry product, develop new high-performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry methods, and conduct basic R&D experiments. Your main duty will be to analyze wastewater samples via HPLC-MS/MS.
This is a full-time position, starting immediately. Hours of work are, but not limited to, Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm (an expected 40 hours per week).
Please note that Biobot Analytics is classified as a public health essential service and this position requires being physically present at Biobot for job duties during the COVID19 outbreak.
- Develop novel LC and SRM methods for new panels
- Support sample preparation prior to HPLC-MS/MS analysis
- Prepare batches of samples for HPLC-MS/MS analysis
- Analyze compound data using TraceFinder software and other data analytics tools
- Export HPLC-MS/MS data to the LIMS system
- Aid in data interpretation across teams
- Ensure QA/QC in batch and between run
- Perform basic maintenance tasks on HPLC-MS/MS such as preparing fresh mobile phases, discarding hazardous chemical waste, monitoring gas levels, and replacing parts
- Coordinate with instrument and manifold vendors to troubleshoot problems and schedule routine performance maintenance
- Work safely in a BSL2 laboratory environment
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- B.S. or M.S. in chemistry, biochemistry, or related field
- 1 year experience independently operating and maintaining LC-MS/MS instruments
- 1 year experience LC and SRM method development
- 1 year experience analyzing MS/MS data
- Prior experience with wet laboratory bench work (chemistry preferred)
- Exquisite attention to detail, especially as it applies to analyzing data
- Ability to work independently while also contributing to part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Familiarity with ThermoFisher Scientific instruments/TraceFinder software
- Experience with a coding language, ideally python
- Previous sample preparation training (filtration, SPE, etc.)
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Position: Full Time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
About Biobot Analytics
Our mission is to transform wastewater infrastructure into public health observatories. Biobot Analytics is a wastewater epidemiology company and uses technology developed at MIT to measure human health in sewage (based on what is excreted in urine and stool) to understand population health in cities. We first launched an opioid product to support government and public health officials in responding to the opioid epidemic, and this year launched a Covid19 product to estimate the scope of the outbreak in communities.
Inspired by the potential of wastewater epidemiology, we are the first company in the world to bring wastewater epidemiology to market. We are VC backed by top investors including The Engine, DCVC, Y Combinator and Homebrew.
Battling the opioid epidemic and now the Covid19 outbreak is just the beginning – we’re transforming sewage into a data asset and building a public health database. Eventually, Biobot will be an early warning system for disease, a map of nutrition disparities, and more. Headquartered in the Boston area with an office in NYC, we aim to create the bedrock of human health infrastructure and smart cities in countries across all six continents.
At Biobot, we believe that the best technologists can improve society and we strive to build a workplace in which everyone can thrive. Our goal is to be a diverse team that is representative, at all job levels, of the society we live in. We encourage applications from women; non-binary, trans, and gender-non conforming individuals; Black and indigenous individuals, and people from other minority racial and ethnic groups; and other groups traditionally underrepresented in technology startups.