BerryDunn is seeking an Actuarial Intern with knowledge of actuarial science to join our Health Analytics Practice Group (HAPG) in the summer of 2022. You will join a core team providing actuarial, health economics, and data management services to our valued clients. HAPA has helped executives and policymakers in nonprofit health care organizations and government agencies pursue their missions by providing clear financial analysis of important decisions that affect health care coverage. We’ve built a reputation for sophisticated, objective, and insightful analysis, and have a team of highly-qualified, outstanding professionals serving our clients. Important and wide-ranging transformation is occurring in the U.S. health system, and we are positioned to help health care organizations with the analytical support they need to navigate change successfully. This Internship will afford the opportunity to practice real world skills in a business environment by working closely with experienced professionals. You will report to an actuarial team lead in the Health Analytics Practice Group. This position is planned to sit in our Portland, ME or Glastonbury, CT office.
In order to be considered for this position, you must include the following within your application:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
- Unofficial copy of your transcript
- Model, validate, and manipulate data
- Standardize and document actuarial models and processes
- Perform actuarial analyses under the supervision of Actuaries
- Be involved in actuarial projects that include providing healthcare actuarial expertise to our clients such as valuation and certification of claim liabilities, benefit pricing, budget and forecast development, and ad hoc analyses
- Keep supervisors and others informed of status of assigned projects
- Enrollment in an accredited college or university and a major in actuarial science, mathematics, or statistics are required. Other related degrees will be considered
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Motivated team member with a professional presence
Please provide the following in your application:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcript
BerryDunn is a CPA and Management Consulting firm with over 600 employees throughout the country that provide a full range of services including Management and IT Consulting, Health Analytics/Actuarial Consulting, Audit, Accounting, and Tax. We are headquartered in Portland, Maine, with offices in Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and West Virginia. BerryDunn has maintained steady growth over its 40+ year history, and the firm is regularly named to national “Top 100” lists, including recent recognition for being a “fastest-growing” firm. We partner with clients across the United States and Canada, and we attribute our growth to attracting, developing, and retaining outstanding employees who help our clients create, grow, and protect value.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.