Join Our Mission
The Functional Family Therapist provides intensive home based family therapy services including strength-based assessments, treatment planning and coordination, family treatment, and discharge planning and intervention work with client support systems.
· Provide home based family therapy services to at-risk youth and their families.
· Complete rapid assessments during intake process to assess relational and hierarchical functioning within the home.
· Rapidly engage youth and family members into therapy to begin working toward behavior change techniques which will target risk factors.
· Implement treatment planning which focuses on behavior change techniques to decrease risk factors and increase protective factors.
· Create Relapse Prevention Plan to assist family with future difficulties
· Assist families with managing crisis situations without the need for outside intervention including on-call hours.
· Coordinate with other collaterals involved with cases to ensure all providers are aware of treatment plan for family.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or a related field.
- Must be licensed: LMHC, LMSW, LMFT, or LCAT
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience working with at risk youth and families.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with variable hours including day, evening, weekend, holiday and subject to call hours.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle. Travel is required. Ability to coordinate and plan travel for visits and appointments in efficient manner.
- Ability to work with economically and culturally diverse population.
- Skills: Organizational and prioritization skills including the ability to complete reports and paperwork in a timely manner