FINDING PEOPLE FOR JOBS, AND JOBS FOR PEOPLE.
As a Staffing Consultant, you will find, interview, and qualify great candidates for temporary/contract roles. Your day will be spent engaging with people over the phone, via email, and in-person. You will also play an integral role in coaching your candidates throughout every step of the job search process – from resume editing tips & tricks, to interview pointers, all the way through to breaking everything down post-interview, and accepting a new position. In the time not spent finding the next great candidate for the job, you will be meeting with your team to discuss open positions, posting advertisements for open jobs, and learning to utilize online sourcing tools and resources.
This job requires a great deal of creativity, personal initiative, and the exercise of considerable discretion and independent judgment about individuals, their business character and capabilities, and how they will fit in the jobs and work environments for which you are recruiting them. Beacon Hill will rely on you not just to find good candidates, but to select them from among the many individuals who will be vying to become Beacon Hill candidates, and then to match them with the right clients, jobs, and work environments. You will not just be reading resumes, you must look beyond that and read people and assess the needs of Beacon Hill clients and jobs we are filling for them.
This is a relationship focused sales position, the harder you work, the more results you will see. Every day you’ll come in ready to hold yourself accountable to your goals and build your book of business.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. The core of your day is going to be spent communicating – as such, the better you can demonstrate your ability to listen, understand, explain your position, and work with other people (from those you spend time with internally on your team, to those you’ve just met), the better.
- A love for working with people. See above!
- A tenacious degree of self-motivation. Our job is all about making 100 calls, but then deciding that you’re going to make that 101st call. You can wow us by demonstrating where you’ve gone that extra mile!
- Leadership skills and a significant dose of competitive drive. If you have a fire that’s fueled you to compete in sports, in academia, or in any other goal-oriented arena, this may be a good job for you!
- Confidently exercise discretion and independent judgment about businesses and people and what Beacon Hill can—and cannot—do successfully to meet the needs of those businesses.
- Base salary combined with uncapped commission potential. Limitless earning potential is one of our foundational beliefs.
- Hands-on, individualized training programs. We won’t just tell you how to do the job – we’ll show you first-hand through experiential learning alongside your team members, starting from day one.
- Mentorship. Reporting to a senior member of your team, you will receive coaching and guidance through all the steps of your professional development. Furthermore, our nationwide mentoring program connects you to our entire Beacon Hill support network, from Boston to Seattle and everywhere in-between.
- The rewarding experience of taking your talent and personal initiative and applying it with confidence to the many decisions you’ll have to make throughout each day, knowing that Beacon Hill is supporting you, but also that Beacon Hill is relying on you and your judgment, and then reaping the personal rewards of doing all that successfully
- Upward mobility. We don’t just believe in hiring the right talent. We believe in allowing them to excel. Our Staffing Consultants average merit-based promotion to a senior position between 9-12 months.
- A “work-hard, play-hard” culture. From mini-contests with your team to company-wide accolades and incentives like shopping sprees and trips to Palm Beach, Florida, you will be recognized for your accomplishments, no matter how big or small. While we think that our work environment is top-notch, don’t just take our word for it – we’ve consistently ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” by Staffing Industry Analysts.