If you are looking to be part of a non-profit agency that has an excellent reputation, strength-based supervision and high regard when it comes to honoring the mission of our work, Bay State Community Services is the right place for you. Apply now!!
Ready to advance your career and be part of a collaborative and supportive clinical environment?
The Continuum Youth Outreach Worker (YOW) is a salaried, non-insurance-based para-professional position that carries a small case load. Our Youth Outreach Worker has the opportunity to gain a 360 degree view of our across multiple systems and levels of care.
What you will be doing to make a difference…
• Utilize a strengths-based approach to achieve positive outcomes over time.
• Collaborate with the Continuum Clinician on comprehensive assessments and treatment plans
• Build meaningful therapeutic relationships with, and role modeling for, clients
• Identify activities to increase clients skill development and self-advocacy
• Exhibit professionalism in all job functions (confidentiality, boundaries, etc.) and professional representation of agency at all times (public, visitors, families, and vendors)
• Accurate and timely documentation of progress, behaviors, issues, strengths of persons
Salary/Benefits-Bay State Community Services recognizes all the hard work of our staff and provides outstanding benefits including:
• Competitive compensation
• BENEFITS START DAY ONE!!!!!
• 3 weeks accrued vacation upon hiring; 4 weeks accrued vacation after 2 years of service
• 11 paid holidays
• Outstanding Health and Dental Benefits
• 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
• Life and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Medical FSA and Dependent Care Account
• Mileage for all employees that drive for BSCS as part of their job responsibility
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Voluntary Short-Term Disability Plan
• Voluntary Vision Plan
• Career Ladder and Job Advancement
• Individual and group supervision as well as continuing education
• Bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Psychology or related field
• Experience with the child/adolescent population and experience in clinical/residential setting preferred
• Experience with systems (e.g. DMH, EEC, DCF) preferred but not required
• Individuals with lived experience preferred
• Experience working with youth and families
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Additional languages are desirable
• Computer proficiency
• Ability to work independently while maintaining strong collaboration and communication with internal and external teams
• Ability to work a flexibility schedule
Bay State Community Services is committed to diversity, inclusion, and social justice. We are committed to providing an environment free from harassment of any kind, and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Bay State Community Services believes diversity and inclusion, and social justice is an action, and as such seeks to operationalize policies, procedures and systems that support a talented, and diverse workforce