We are now offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus for this position!
Bay State Community Services is seeking a full-time Residential Counselor for Granite House in Quincy. Residential Counselors are responsible for providing a safe and healthy environment for our residents (8 adolescents between the ages of 13 and 18). This position is responsible for carrying out the programming, activities, and therapeutic interventions of the program. Residents are often in great personal turmoil when they arrive. Counselors offer support, guidance, and structure to help the adolescents regain stability and direction in their lives.
• Associates level degree in Human Services field or related field required; Bachelor’s preferred
• Residential experience preferred; Experience working with adolescents/mental health required, and able to learn, carry out and be certified in CPI physical interventions, and de-escalation techniques
• Able to learn, carry out and be certified in MAP, CPR and first aid
• Valid MA driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
• Acceptable CORI, SORI and DEEC background record check including fingerprinting
Must be at least 21 years old to be considered for the position.
- Competitive Compensation
- BENEFITS START DAY One!!!!!
- 3 weeks accrued vacation upon hiring; 4 weeks accrued vacation after 2 years of service
- 11 paid holidays
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Life and AD&D Insurance, and Long-term Disability (LTD)
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care Account
- Mileage for all employees that drive for BSCS as part of their job responsibility
- Parking reimbursement for all employees that are required to conduct business for BSCS
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Short-term Disability Plan
- Voluntary Vision Plan