In this role the candidate will not only be responsible for the technical tasks below but will also have the opportunity to learn the soft skills necessary to be successful in their interactions with people at all levels.
The Portfolio Analyst acts as a critical team member and facilitator in support of Senior Investment Advisors working with clients and other internal partners. Within our highly-collaborative, team-based service model, you will have significant responsibility in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
Job responsibilities include:
· Supporting Senior Investment Advisors (SIA) in all investment matters
· Constructing portfolio trading programs for approval by SIAs
· Monitoring cash positions and IPS restrictions
· Reviewing quarterly investment performance reports
· Performing ad hoc analyses on client-related questions (e.g. specific securities, in conjunction with research staff)
· Developing technical expertise in investment software tools
· Executing trades
· Managing large orders
· Providing manager research support as necessary
· Assisting in client onboarding
· Other duties as assigned
The right candidate will be someone who:
· Can learn new things quickly
· Can take initiative and act proactively (i.e., anticipates problems, raises suggestions)
· Can take direction from multiple sources and prioritize a variety of tasks daily
· Can work both independently and in a team structure with a diverse group of people
· Can juggle and prioritize a variety of tasks daily
· Is highly organized with a very strong attention to detail
· Is comfortable working with senior stakeholders and sophisticated clients
· Has high professional standards, judgment, and discretion
· Has strong communication skills, verbal and written
· Has excellent interpersonal & relationship skills including a positive attitude
A Bachelor’s Degree is required. 1 – 2 years of experience in an investment/portfolio analysis role is preferred.
Ballentine Partners offers a wide array of benefits completely paid for by the firm including dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance as well as cost sharing on medical insurance. We offer extensive time off benefits including vacation time, unlimited personal sick time, paid family sick leave, paid parental leave, sabbaticals, community time off and so much more. We have a corporate matching program as well as support certifications and continuing education for our team members. On top of all this, Ballentine is a family friendly and flexible work environment. Our culture is collaborative and built on supporting each other to grow not only the business but each other as well.
For more information on our culture please view our Impact Report.
Ballentine Partners compensation is made up of a base salary and performance bonus. The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $100,000 and is commensurate with experience. Performance bonuses are based upon company and personal performance and are paid out annually.