Are you interested in joining a dynamic company that delivers successful in home treatment to clients with substance use disorder? If you are a caring, compassionate and capable Family Education Facilitator who can work in a field-based team and meets or exceeds the following, we want to hear from you!
Aware Recovery Care (ARC) offers a holistic approach to treatment and changes the way clients receive care throughout the northeast. ARC is a year-long, home based, addiction treatment program that works collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to assist clients in their first year of recovery.
The role of the Family Education Facilitator is to ensure that the families, loved ones and allies living with or supporting an Aware Recovery Care client are educated, informed and supported throughout the recovery process. Family Education Facilitators deliver the four-part curriculum of the Family Education Program to individuals who wish to engage and are given permission to participate by the ARC client.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Demonstrate fidelity to the Aware Recovery Care model and Family Education Program through effective understanding and delivery of the four-part curriculum.
● Track family assignments, contact, and other necessary data in Excel.
● Complete all necessary Progress Notes in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) related to Family Education sessions and phone calls.
● Attend the weekly Family Wellness Meeting
● Working knowledge of family recovery resources: books and other materials, local and national support groups, etc.
● Provide updates as-necessary to the Family Education Liaison or the Family Wellness Director for higher-level questions/concerns
● Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Human Services, or Drug and Alcohol Counseling
● 6 months to 1 year minimum experience working with families in the substance use field
● High Emotional Intelligence
● Ability to work in a team-based environment
● Strong communication skills within the team and overall organization
● Ability to demonstrate empathy towards client family members and loved ones while maintaining healthy boundaries
● Knowledgeable about family recovery, 12-step programs, alternative sober support groups, and substance use field overall
***Aware Recovery Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer****
***** No phone calls please****