Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Business Systems Technical Associate to join our Financial Processing Services Business Systems team within our Technology Enabled Services division. Your job will be to (sum up the job into one sentence). But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You are autonomous, action-oriented, take personal ownership and accountability of your work, possess excellent time management skills, with the ability to learn nimbly.
The Team: The Financial Processing Services Business Systems Team plays a key role in the department’s continuous improvement initiatives and business systems optimization efforts.
- Contribute to accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail
- Deliver customer value in the form of high-quality software components and services in adherence with RPR policies on Security, performance, longevity and Integration testing
- Estimate the size of development tasks in story points
- Understand and follow coding conventions, architectures, and best practices
- Solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Offer operational and technical support to monitor systems and resolve escalations, address learning & mentorship needs and provide lead-coverage periodically to address coverage gaps during evenings and weekends (supporting on-call availability as needed)
- Clearly communicate complex business problems and solutions in a radically simple way
- BA or BS degree
- 2+years of professional experience with data integration and relational databases
- Significant software engineering skills and computer science experience
- Experience in an Agile Delivery Methodology and working with Scrum teams preferred
- Proven experience as an UI Developer or similar role. Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Capable of ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Hands on experience in optimizing application for maximum speed and scalability
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is located in Belfast, Maine office in mid-coast Maine, minutes from the bay and the picturesque downtown area. Located 34 miles south of Bangor, Maine and 45 miles east of Augusta, Maine. The Belfast campus offers walking trails, full-service cafeteria and is dog-friendly.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices – just to name a few.
athenahealth is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity—that’s why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We’re happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.