About Assumption University:
Assumption University, a Catholic institution sponsored by the Augustinians of the Assumption and rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition, strives to form graduates known for critical intelligence, thoughtful citizenship and compassionate service. We pursue these ambitious goals through a curriculum grounded in the liberal arts and extending to the domain of professional studies. Enlivened by the Catholic affirmation of the harmony of faith and reason, we aim, by the pursuit of the truth, to transform the minds and hearts of students. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Assumption favors diversity, ecumenically welcomes all who share its goals, and strongly encourages applicants from underrepresented racial minorities to apply.
BASIC PURPOSE: Assists in the development and management of a comprehensive NCAA Division II athletics program as a member of the athletics management team in support of the mission of the University. Primary responsibilities are to serve as liaison between the University Community, the media and the general public with regards to intercollegiate sports programs in an effort to obtain positive and frequent media coverage of all athletics programs. This is a 20 hour per week, 40 week/year position. Compensation is $10,000 paid hourly per year with free tuition in an Assumption University graduate program for a total of 8 courses per academic year, with a recommended schedule of 3 courses in the fall, 3 in the spring, and 2 in the summer. Tuition Remission does not include fees. Cannot be combined with other positions at the University
1. Serve as primary contact to multiple sports for contest coverage, website information, game notes, statistics, and media relations.
2. Writes and submits news releases, and informs media regarding newsworthy items.
3. Compiles accurate statistics for student-athletes and teams, and reports results to staff personnel and representatives.
4. Oversees media coverage of games and game management for all sports (i.e., scorers, timers, other professional personnel).
5. Maintains organized and accurate historical records using current technology.
6. Maintains all aspects of photography (i.e., team/individual photographs, all special events) by using current technology.
7. Record and edit video highlight packages
8. Manages and updates the department web site, providing data and materials for general viewing and up-to-date scores and schedules, rosters, and historical materials by understanding and utilizing the most current technology.
9. Facilitate and provide content on various social media platforms.
10. Assists in the coordination of all media and marketing publications related responsibilities for the regular events (i.e. athletics contests) and special events (i.e. dinners, awards night, tournaments, etc.).
11. Prioritize attendance at University events such as: Student/athlete Candlelight, Hall of Fame Dinner, Athletics Awards Night, Orientation, Graduation, etc.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Athletics for Communications.
13. Responsible for the oversight and implementation of the Department’s comprehensive video production and film exchange programs.
* Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the University as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption University.
* Must be a current graduate student at Assumption University in good academic standing.
* Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years customer service or administrative experience required. Internship experience may be substituted for work experience.
* Strong time, project management, and organization skills; strong attention to detail.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to be proactive, innovative and creative.
* Ability to work evening and weekend hours.
* Strong written and oral communication and public relations, management and leadership skills.
* Proficient in use of current technology. o Candidates with knowledge and skill in Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, Stat Crew and Presto Sports website management will be given highest priority
* Maintains on-going contacts with representatives of the various media outlets.
* Communicates regularly with University students, faculty and staff.
* Maintains extensive photographic and video library of all student/athletes – past and present.
* Prepares and submits news releases throughout the year.
* Possesses and understands the many skills required for the profession; i.e., journalistic, graphic design, photographic, videotape and electronic media, computer program, application and networking.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting, standing, walking, and bending are required of this position. This position requires working nights and weekends. Use of a computer keyboard and computer screen for periods of time with close vision and the ability to adjust visual focus plus manual dexterity are required.
MENTAL DEMANDS: The mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Examples of mental demands include reading (documents), detailed work, confidentiality, language, math, reasoning, oral communications, written communications, customer contact, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions, and performing calculations when necessary.