This Internship has been pre-approved the Internship in Business Courses
Supervisor: Peter Gardula
Internship Title: External Relations Intern
Hours expected: Varies per semester
Assumption seeks an enthusiastic applicant who is well organized and wants to be a part of a fun energetic organization while building their portfolio of work. The External Relations Intern will report to the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for External Relations. This position is responsible for providing support and assistance with the daily operation for the Athletics Department External Relations. This position will work closely with the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for External Relations to coordinate and implement donor relations strategies for fundraising priorities. This position is unpaid but can interns can gain college credit or general resume building through the experience.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Directly assist in all special events that are specific to the Athletics Department;
· Perform donor and prospect research;
· Assisting in identifying; cultivating and soliciting annual gifts from alumni and friends of Assumption College Athletics;
· Support Senior Associate Director of Athletics for External Relations with various administrative tasks;
· Manage department inventory of gifts and apparel;
· Prepare and edit general correspondence to Greyhound Club members and prospects;
· Various duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for External Relations.
Applicant must have excellent written and oral communication skills; effective interpersonal skills; strong self-motivated work ethic as well as strong sense of team work are essential; strong attention to detail and ability to manage projects simultaneously.