This Internship has been pre-approved for the Internship in Business Courses
Supervisor: Ben Stockwell
Internship Title: Marketing Intern
Hours expected: Will vary depending on credits needed
Assumption seeks an enthusiastic applicant who is well organized and wants to be a part of a fun energetic organization while building their portfolio of work. The goal of the athletics marketing internship program, through the Department of Athletics, is to provide students with hands-on experience in a variety of areas with the marketing and promotion of the College’s intercollegiate athletic programs. This program will allow the department to increase its marketing efforts both on and off-campus, including the execution of marketing strategies, overseeing giveaways and other marketing activities at games and the development of additional ideas for the effective promotion of the student-athletes. This program will be managed by the Athletic Communications Office and Abbey Capobianco, women’s lacrosse head coach. This position is unpaid but can interns can gain college credit or general resume building through the experience.
Typical Opportunities for Students in Athletics Marketing
· Creating marketing campaigns for athletic events, including concepts, signage, and implementation of campaigns.
· Social media responsibilities, including and not limited to, promotion of events.
· Attendance at all events that marketing is taking place, completing the execution and evaluation of campaigns.
· Participation and assistance of all Blue Out events.
· Design of promotional materials including posters, flyers, etc. using both Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop.
· Opportunity to work directly with the department’s head coaches to develop new marketing ideas in the promotion of their teams.
· Involvement with students from the College’s sport marketing class in regards to the execution of the events that the class will promote for the spring athletic programs.
· Provide weekly updates on events and promotional programs and materials that are being implemented.
· Attend meetings with the three supervisors and fellow interns when needed for brainstorming of ideas, updating of different projects and general oversight of the interns.
Applicant must have excellent written and oral communication skills; effective interpersonal skills; strong self-motivated work ethic as well as strong sense of team work are essential; strong attention to detail and ability to manage projects simultaneously.