This internship has been pre-approved for the Internship in Business Courses as well as the English: Writing & Mass Communications Internship course.
Supervisor: Ben Stockwell
Internship Title: Communications Video Intern
Hours expected: Will vary depending on credits needed
Assumption seeks an enthusiastic applicant who is well organized and wants to be a part of a fun energetic organization while building their portfolio of work. The goal of this specific video/broadcasting internship program, run by the Athletic Communications Office in conjunction with the media services internship program, is to provide experience in a number of areas involving video editing, interviewing of student-athletes and coaches and heavy involvement in the department’s webcasting of home athletic events. This program will also allow the Athletic Communications Office to continue to expand its content online and thru other mediums by utilizing more students and therefore helping the overall product seen by the public. Other areas where these video marketing tools can be used is thru the department’s social media accounts, which grew exponentially during the 2017-18 academic year. This program will be managed by the Athletic Communications Office, along with direct involvement from the Media Services, the English Department and the Business Studies Department through their Internship in Business course. This position is unpaid but can interns can gain college credit or general resume building through the experience.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Recording of in-game video highlights to be posted on the athletics web site.
· Recording of interviews with coaches and athletes to be used as part of a highlight package online following the completion of home games and select road events and championships.
· Developing scripts, interview questions and filming of preseason video footage to later be produced into a season preview for each intercollegiate athletic program.
· Coordinating the recording of home games to be used for scouting purposes by coaching staffs.
· Editing of photographs using Adobe Photoshop for a variety of uses on the athletics web site.
· Gain familiarity with the PrestoSports web site software, which is used to edit and post content on AssumptionGreyhounds.com.
· Soliciting of ideas from coaches and student-athletes for feature stories to be used online to enhance the content on the web site.
· Opportunities to become involved in broadcasting home athletic events for a variety of Assumption’s intercollegiate athletic teams.
Applicant must have excellent written and oral communication skills; effective interpersonal skills; strong self-motivated work ethic as well as strong sense of team work are essential; strong attention to detail and ability to manage projects simultaneously.