This Internship has been pre-approved for the Internship in Business courses.
Intern Hours expected:
120-450 hours per semester
Assumption seeks an enthusiastic applicant who is well organized and wants to be a part of a fun energetic organization while building their portfolio of work. Tasks vary from day to day for the administration intern. Most projects are research-based, often looking at comparing our athletic department or individual sports to those at our peer institutions. Tracking the progress of the strategic plan is a primary focus and assisting with preparing presentations. This position will also work directly with other Athletics senior level administrators to get a full scope of the business operations of a Division II intercollegiate athletics department where special projects will be assigned. The intern in this position would assist in the day-to-day internal operations of a Division II Athletic Department supporting 24 varsity sports. This position is unpaid but can interns can gain college credit or general resume building through the experience.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Audit and process various forms of payment including travel forms, expense reports, payments to officials and hotel bills.
· Conduct research analysis comparing our athletic department or individual sports to those at our peer institutions.
· Assist with the development of the annual budget, including review of workbooks and entry of data into spreadsheets.
· Compile monthly sport budgets.
· Assist in clearing team travel advances and expense reports.
· Assist with NCAA annual gender equity report.
· Assist with outside auditor reports for annual reporting.
· Handle any other accounting and/or research tasks as assigned
· Assist with the management of various department sponsored events
· Represent the department at various campus event
· Other athletic administrative duties as assigned or as they fit with the scope of the individual’s interest.
Applicant must have excellent written and oral communication skills; effective interpersonal skills; strong self-motivated work ethic as well as strong sense of team work are essential; strong attention to detail and ability to manage projects simultaneously.