Mission Statement: “To empower and inspire people of all communities to identify, pursue and sustain healthy, meaningful lives”.
MHAW strives to develop an authentic, diverse workforce that embraces, creates, respects and demonstrates diversity, equity, and inclusiveness in the work environment, towards one another and those we serve. We recognize that our agency is strongest when we all embrace the full spectrum of diversity and experience. We actively seek to employ a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve.
MHAW is a pro-vaccination agency and has required that all employees be fully vaccinated by November 1, 2021.
The CPST-Clinician is a member of the agency’s HCBS team. They will provide direct (face to face) mobile clinical services targeted to enhance the lives of people with behavioral health challenges — psychiatric disabilities and/or substance abuse disorders — and further the capacities and mission of the Association for Mental Health and Wellness: “To empower people and communities to pursue and sustain enriched, healthy, and self-directed lives”
Reporting to Program Director, who also provides CPST services, the CPST Clinician, is part of a larger HCBS team providing services to individuals in the community. The Clinician will provide time-limited goal-directed supports and solution-focused interventions intended to achieve identified person-centered goals or objectives as set forth in the individual’s Plan of Care and CPST Individual Service Plan.
The clinical intervention may include the following components to meet the needs of the individuals with mental health and/or a substance use diagnosis:
- Identify strategies or treatment options associated with the individual’s behavioral health disorder, with the goal of minimizing the negative effects of mental illness symptoms or emotional disturbances or associated environmental stressors
- Provide individual and their family supportive counseling, solution-focused interventions, emotional and behavioral management, and problem behavior analysis with the individual
- Facilitate participation in and utilization of strengths based planning and treatments
- Assist the individual with effectively responding to or avoiding identified precursors or triggers that would risk their remaining in a natural community location
- Provide ongoing rehabilitation support for promote recovery and growth specific to managing their own home
- Implement interventions using evidence-based and best practice techniques, drawn from cognitive-behavioral therapy and other evidence-based psychotherapeutic interventions that
- Assist the individual and family members or other collaterals that may be directly affected by, or has the capability of affecting, their condition.
- Licensed Mental Health Professional (LMSW, LCSW. LMHC, LCAT, RN, Psychologist, LMFT, Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) and three years’ experience is required. Bi-lingual skills and individuals with personal recovery experience are highly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent inter-personal communication including the ability to establish empathic, empowering relationships with people who have experienced psychiatric and substance abuse disabilities and trauma as well as debilitating physical conditions; Strong communication skills with health professionals is also required;
- Ability to provide cultural and linguistically appropriate services
- Understanding of the key elements of recovery and wellness, including the role of family and self-help;
- Excellent organizational, time management and computer/technology skills (electronic health records).
- Knowledge of Health Homes, HARP and SPA housing
- Clean NYS Drivers License
- Candidate must be a reliable self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Agency to provide the following: a car, laptop with remote access, and smart phone.