Mission Statement: “To empower and inspire people of all communities to identify, pursue and sustain healthy, meaningful lives”.
MHAW strives to develop an authentic, diverse workforce that embraces, creates, respects and demonstrates diversity, equity, and inclusiveness in the work environment, towards one another and those we serve. We recognize that our agency is strongest when we all embrace the full spectrum of diversity and experience. We actively seek to employ a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve.
MHAW is a pro-vaccination agency, and has required all staff to be fully vaccinated by November 1, 2021 and encourages service recipients to be vaccinated against Covid-19
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting outreach by phone and in-person; utilizes creative, escalated approaches to engaging prospective clients.
- Completing intakes with those referred by the Health Home(s), community partners and other MHAW programs.
- Coordinating and monitoring behavioral, physical health, and social services based on consumer-driven needs assessment and service plan;
- Building and monitoring linkages with natural supports and formal community resources including hospitals, outpatient clinics, rehabilitation, self-help, and social service providers.
- Providing supportive, recovery- and wellness-directed coaching and counseling in-person and via telephone and other forms of communication.
- Participating in presentations and regular meetings with community partners to effectively maintain and establish referral relationships.
Bachelor’s degree in human service/health discipline and two years’ experience is required. Candidates with Master’s degrees are also encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual, English/Spanish is a plus; stipend is awarded for assessed and verified bi-lingual proficiency
The successful candidate should possess or be able to quickly acquire the following skills and knowledge:
- Understanding of the key elements of recovery and wellness, including the role of family and self-help. Experience working with those who have chronic physical health and/or behavioral health diagnoses (mental health and/or substance use).
- Ability to communicate with health professionals involved in the care of those served;
- Basic knowledge of the public health/mental health system, public entitlement and social service programs;
- Reliable self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer skills and knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Excel; will be working in multiple IT platforms including electronic health record.