Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
The Resilience, Security, and Risk team supports all of Arup’s offices within the Americas and collaborates on international projects. During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects both nationally and internationally, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assist in preparing construction documents which include drawing and specifications of electronic security systems (access control, video surveillance, operations centers, etc.)
- Gain exposure to construction administration
- Partake in field assessments and surveys at project sites
- Develop basis of design reports
- Research and evaluate security technologies and methods for recommendations to clients
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment with other designers from within Arup to deliver a comprehensive, coordinated design to clients
- Exposure to client meetings
- Develop innovative methods for streamlining design processes and client project delivery, including development of apps
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Familiarity with CAD software
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Interest in VR/AR applications for security and building design
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- EIT/ FE Certification
- Software skills: AutoCAD skills, Revit skills, 3D modeling skills
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- Belmont Arena, New York
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Los Angeles
- 9/11 Memorial and Museum
- Smithsonian Institute’s National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
- Queen’s Way West Revitalization, Canada
- Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.