Interested in working in an innovative, collaborative environment with motivated, social people? At Arc Aspicio, you can join a leading consulting firm that specializes in human capital, management, and strategy professional services to deliver compelling solutions. Consultants join our practice focused on mission-critical projects, and quickly learn to contribute to and grow our company across multiple projects. We invest in hiring, mentoring, and training smart, diverse, and self-driven professionals interested in all aspects of the company and our homeland security and government clients. We are looking for people who are willing to share ideas and work as part of an inclusive, innovative team.
The Junior Consulting Associate, Emergency Management loves to learn and apply their consulting skills, such as problem solving, change management, communications, analysis, writing, and oral presentation. This person supports both mission-critical projects and contributes to the growth of the company. The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of full-time work experience in a professional environment or consulting environment.
- Analyze challenges, identify and recommend solutions, and coordinate implementation of change initiatives for our clients
- Analyze information and data and help clients visualize it to make decisions and take action
- Join our consulting practice to support projects and company growth initiatives
- Work side-by-side with our clients to quickly identify and solve tough problems, delivering outstanding client service
- Develop consulting skills and help grow the company outside of your project by participating in new business and strategic initiatives
- Seek out leadership opportunities to develop skills in leading teams and managing initiatives
- Contribute towards our learning culture, where people put team, client, and company interest ahead of their own, by demonstrating interest in supervising and supporting the growth of others
- Manage work in multiple workstreams at one time while also contributing to meaningful contributions in project success in parallel with developing a consulting firm
- 2-3 years of full-time work experience in a professional environment or consulting environment
- Experience with communications, analysis, project management, requirements gathering, stakeholder engagement, and/or organizational change management
- Experience facilitating meetings, workshops, and working sessions with stakeholders in a collaborative environment
- Ability to proficiently work with a wide variety of stakeholders in the public, private, and non-profit sectors, as well as the general public
- Interest in flood risk, flood insurance, emergency management, risk management, and resilience
- Technologically savvy, especially with Microsoft products and use of collaboration tools (SharePoint and Jira/Confluence preferred)
- Proven to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Outstanding written and oral communication and collaboration skills and strong leadership potential
- Strong interest in working in a consulting firm and learning business concepts; loves to collaborate and reach out to get involved in company events, offerings, and special projects
- Clearance: US Citizenship only (no dual citizenship)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Critical Skills: Entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, excellent problem-solving skills, resilience, flexibility, learning-oriented, excited to engage
- Experience working with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) or the flood insurance industry
- Experience in data visualization and data analysis with the ability to communicate analysis findings, insights, and recommendations to executive-level stakeholders through clear, innovative visualizations and infographics and concise language
- Experience with performance measures and metrics
- Thrives in ambiguous and complex environments, take risks, are resourceful, and demonstrate flexibility even when facing challenging deadlines
- Constantly looks towards the future while maintaining a realistic, straightforward to your approach
Our recruiting process is very competitive. Therefore, we ask that you submit a brief, tailored cover letter to tell us what you are looking for in a company and why you would be a great fit for this role. This is a critical part of the application process.
About Arc Aspicio
Arc Aspicio enhances the future of our nation by creating bold ideas and bringing them to life. A consulting and solutions company, Arc Aspicio solves problems by applying our integrated capabilities in strategy, design, data, human capital, behavioral science, and technology. The company passionately pursues our vision to be the hub of creativity where people take action to change the world. Employees collaborate with clients and partners to create solutions using a human-centered approach.
Our goal is to attract people who love to collaborate and work in a team-oriented environment. Our culture empowers our employees to learn, share knowledge, be leaders in everything they do, and develop strong relationships with their clients and colleagues.
Our positions are based in the DC metro area and require employees to live in DC, VA, and MD within commuting distance of our client sites and DC office.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Innovation
Arc Aspicio is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and safe workplace and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As a growing consulting and solutions firm focused on innovation, we welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/D/V