Amsted Rail has an immediate opening for a Director of Human Resources at its operation in Granite City, Illinois.
The Director Human Resources serves as the HR Business Partner to the Chief Operating Officer, General Managers, Facility Human Resources Managers and the Director of Labor relations with respect to all aspects of the function including: Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Employee Development, Succession Planning, Performance Management, Recruiting, and Compensation and Benefits. The Director of Human Resources has dual reporting responsibilities to the Chief Operating Officer, Truck and End of Car and the Director of Labor Relations for Amsted Rail.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Serve as HR lead for all HR processes, policies and programs for the division of ASF
· Act as employee advocate, ensuring a positive workplace environment and employee experience
· Champion for recruitment, onboarding, performance management, employee development and succession planning, ensuring a focus on having robust development plans for all talent, with special attention given to high-performing and high-potential staff, leading to a healthy talent pipeline to support both current and future growth needs, ensuring we have the right people in the right positions at the right time
· Provides subject matter expertise and counsel to HR Managers and General Managers on all HR policies, programs and procedures; lead for change management
· Ensure the organization is compliant in all HR, EEO and AAP-related laws and regulations, ensuring all compliance training is completed and understood by respective employee groups
· Lead and ensure fair and consistent administration of all policies, procedures and practices to create an environment of love, dignity and respect at both union and non union facilities.
· Assist General Manager(s) and Human Resources Manager(s) in compliance direction with general labor law and/or the applicable labor agreement.
· Administer the Salary Administration Plan along with the employee Performance Appraisal program.
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and at least eight years of progressive HR leadership experience in a manufacturing setting. Prefer advanced degree and/or Human Resources certification(s)
· Broad knowledge of HR practices including compensation, performance management, leadership development, employee and labor relations, change management and organizational development
· Advanced skills in MS Office
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
· Ability and willingness to travel up to 40% at times
· Strong interpersonal skills
Required Professional Skills:
· Must be very approachable and able to develop strong relationships and foster trust at all levels of organization, demonstrating ability to resolve conflict effectively with diverse populations, adjusting to situations and individuals with fluidity
· Ability to build and lead effective teams, ensuring engagement, development and effective cross-training and succession planning
· Inclination for continuous learning, research and innovation in internal processes as well as services to provide for others; takes actions to be the subject matter expert who understands current trends in the marketplace; effectiveness in developing, pitching and implementing new ideas and programs
· Ability to exercise independent judgement and creativity in problem solving, including in high pressure situations
· Excellent change management knowledge and skills, including ability to champion changes and innovations effectively across a global enterprise
· Strength in execution of tasks and large-scale projects through self and others, with excellence in follow-through of commitments
· Professional, interpersonal and influencing skills to establish early and lasting trust, credibility and rapport at all levels of the organization; outstanding executive presence and leadership skills
· High degree of emotional intelligence, highly empathetic and excellent listening skills
· Excellent formal and informal communication skills, both verbal and written
· Capability to design processes and procedures that allow managing from a distance and seek ways to improve processes across individuals and teams
· Must have critical attention to detail
Visit our website at www.amstedrail.com. You will be impressed!
Please apply at www.amstedrail.com/careers.