Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including, but not limited to, Herndon, VA; Dallas, TX; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a cloud support engineer, you will act as the ‘cloud ambassador’ across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools and tactics to get the most out of their product and support investment.
Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of AWS as a leading technology organization?
If you fit the description, you could be the person we are looking for. We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world-class support is critical to customer success.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A LIFE AT AWS?
Each day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
· Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
· Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers.
· Interact with leading engineers around the world.
· Partner with AWS teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
· Leverage customer support experience to provide feedback with AWS teams on how to improve.
· Drive customer communication during critical events.
· Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
· Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
· Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
WHY AWS SUPPORT?
· First and foremost, this is a customer support role – in the Cloud.
· On a typical day, a support engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer’s cases through customer contact channels (e.g., telephone, email, and web/live chat).
· You will apply troubleshooting techniques to provide solutions for our customers by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
· An AWS support engineer may also develop and train, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
· We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
· We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role. We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
· Support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
· As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
· Currently enrolled in or received a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or related fields (or graduated less than six months ago).
· Experience with at least one functional scripting language (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting)
· Knowledge of system, network, and OS.
· Knowledge of internet fundamentals and cloud computing concepts.
· Familiarity with Database, Storage, & Big Data concepts.
· Experience with troubleshooting Networks (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related).
· Comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
Amazon Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
San Francisco, CA:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles, CA:
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.