The VentureCorps Program
As part of the Venture Corps Program, Alumni Ventures has an opening for a Venture Corps Analyst II – a paid, full-time, year-long program (with a second year optional and subject to approval) designed for graduates across the country who are interested in a career in entrepreneurship or Venture Capital. This position is designed for recent college graduates who are looking for a way to break into venture capital.
- Assists with research and analysis of markets, companies, entrepreneurs, with the primary goal of helping the team vet and identify investment opportunities
- Assists with social media outreach and email communication to target companies in order to tee up Moment of Truth Calls
- Helps prepare inputs to due diligence reports, memos, nomination forms, emails, etc.
- Completes administrative duties to leverage team
- Attends industry networking events, building a venture social media presence, and representing AV’s mission and brand
- Executes special projects for other team members
- Follows AV’s playbook, processes, and systems
- Spends time listening, learning, taking notes, and generally absorbing as much as possible
- Success in this job is centered around leveraging the time and efficiency of more senior teammates and generally being a positive force in the office
- Deal judgment is largely deferred in this role to more experienced iTeam members
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship or VC
- Strong work ethic, initiative, hustle
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Personal curiosity
- Organized, reliable, efficient, adept at multi-project management
- Flexible, able to quickly pivot
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated —ability to manage up
- The Venture Corps Analyst II role is geared toward college graduates. This program is an onramp to venture capital.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
- VentureCorps Analyst will be embedded with one of our Investment teams. Preference is to be located in Austin, TX; or could be based out of our Boston, or New York offices.
- Applicants must not be an investor in AV or any of our funds and VentureCorps Members cannot invest in AV funds for the duration of their program participation
- Available Full Time (40+ hours) for the complete duration of the program (1 year, with second year optional and subject to approval)
- Specific school affiliation is not required. We encourage individuals from all genders, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds to apply; as with other searches at AV, we’re looking for a diverse group of candidates with different backgrounds & experiences, consistent with AV’s Just Cause of expanding the community of entrepreneurship.
- VentureCorps members will have access to ongoing educational opportunities via AV webinars, access to Venture Fellows Program educational coursework, Lunch and Learns, and more.
Application Review Process
The VentureCorps Program will conduct an initial review of all applications received. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Top candidates will be selected for interviews. Interviews will consist of two, 30-45 minute video interviews.