Alpha Analytical is New England’s largest environmental testing laboratory. We provide our employees with a state-of-the-art work environment, excellent benefits and opportunities for development.
The Analytical Chemist I performs analyses of client samples in the SVOA laboratory using analytical techniques and procedures (SOP’S). Responsibilities include but are not limited to; analyzing samples, data reduction, instrument operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
Education: BS or BA in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental or related science
Experience: 6 mos -1 years
Schedule and Pay:
- Sunday – Thursday 3rd shift
- Monday – Friday 1st Shift
- Friday – Monday 2nd shift (4 10 hour days)
Pay starts off at $38,000 plus shift differential for qualifying shifts. Pay is dependent on education and experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare standards used for analysis.
2. Analyze samples using Gas Chromatography instrumentation. Methods include but not limited to: TPH, EPH, PCB, Pesticides, Herbicides, 504.
3. Calculate, check, reduce and report data in accordance with applicable SOP’s.
4. Interpret data and associated QC and approve data in the LIMS system.
5. Ensure appropriate testing procedures are conducted in compliance with QA and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) requirements.
6. Schedule, prepare and analyze samples based on method requirements within turnaround time (TAT) established by Department Manager, Team Leader or Lab Coordinator. Inform Team Leader or Lab Coordinator if issues arise that effect the TAT.
7. Adhere to established Health & Safety protocols.
8. Develop improved techniques with Lab Coordinator, Team Leader or Manager. Active LEAN participant.
1. May stock and order supplies as needed.
2. Maintain and promote clean work area(s).
3. Assist other laboratory departments as needed.
Minimum Required Skills:
1. Knowledge of safe laboratory practices, including the proper procedures in handling chemicals and unknown environmental samples.
2. Strong oral/written communication and organizational skills.
3. Introductory experience with loading Gas Chromatography instruments and the collection and reduction of data.
Alpha Analytical is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, martial status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other classification protected by discrimination laws.