Alpha Analytical is New England’s largest environmental testing laboratory. We provide our employees with a state-of-the-art work environment, excellent benefits and opportunities for development. We are currently looking for an Analytical Chemist I in our Wet Chemistry Department to join our team in our Westborough, MA location.
The Analytical Chemist I is an entry level position that performs analyses of client samples in the Wet Chemistry laboratory using analytical techniques and procedures (SOP’S). Responsibilities include but are not limited to; learning various Wet Chemistry methods and the use of instrumentation.
- Tuesday – Saturday 4 am – 12:30 pm
- Monday – Friday 1st shift
- Monday – Friday 3rd shift
Dependent on education, experience and shift differential
Education: BS or BA in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental or related science
Experience: 0-1 years
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare standards used for analysis.
- Train to perform the analysis of samples using manual and automated/instrumental methods. Methods include but not limited to: TKN, cyanide, chloride, BOD, ammonia, nitrate by Lachat: ion chromatography, TOC, HPLC.
- Calculate, check, reduce and report data in accordance with applicable SOP’s.
- Interpret data and associated QC and approve data in the LIMS system.
- Ensure appropriate testing procedures are conducted in compliance with QA and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) requirements.
- Schedule, prepare and analyze samples based on method requirements within turnaround time (TAT) established by Department Manager, Team Leader or Lab Coordinator. Inform Team Leader or Lab Coordinator if issues arise that effect the TAT.
- Adhere to established Health & Safety protocols.
- Develop improved techniques with Lab Coordinator, Team Leader or Manager. Active LEAN participant.
- May stock and order supplies as needed.
- Maintain and promote clean work area(s).
- Assist other laboratory departments as needed.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices, including the proper procedures in handling chemicals and unknown environmental samples.
- Strong oral/written communication and organizational skills.
Alpha Analytical is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, martial status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other classification protected by discrimination laws.