- Works on corporate, partnership, and other various tax compliance requirements for ALLETE and its affiliates
- Completes various tax accounting and reporting work under ASC 740 standards and SOX documentation
- Prepares corporate tax variance and other accounting/finance reports and processes for the company
- Experienced or interested in the utility industry and becomes proficient in its unique regulatory reporting environment
- Performs tax research and technical writing
- Acts as a team member for tax and finance projects
- Learns and works with various compliance and reporting system resources
- Participates in the design, implementation, maintenance and documentation of new or existing financial controls
- Develops interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to establish and maintain relationships across various departments of the company
- Work as part of a broader Tax Department team including various sales and property tax compliance as needed
- Ideal candidate is organized and inquisitive
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting or an equivalent degree with applicable accounting course work.
- Candidates completing their degree by July of 2021 will be considered
TAX ANALYST I
- No experience required
- Experience preferred
- Public accounting, or industry experience and knowledge of industry or experience with regulated business a plus.
TAX ANALYST II
- Four years job-related work experience
- Three years of job-related work experience and certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
- College transcripts may be requested.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.