**PLEASE READ** This job requires you to travel to a child’s home, school or daycare. Select the cases in locations that work best for you as well as create your own schedule. We serve all of Long Island, all 5 boroughs of New York City, Westchester County, Orange County, Putnum County, and more!
ALL ABOUT OUR COMPANY
All About Kids was founded by Cathy Grossfeld in 1988, later joined by her husband Michael who are both New York State licensed Speech-Language Pathologists and have over 60 years of combined experience in providing and administering services for children with developmental delays.
For over 30 years, All About Kids has provided evaluations, individual and group therapy services, consultations, and service coordination for children. All About Kid’ comprehensive offering of services and programs addresses all facets of a child’s development and allows for better team coordinated and individualized treatment. We provide early intervention, preschool, school age, and autism services privately as well as through the New York State public funded EI, CPSE, and District CSE programs including the NYCDOE. We are proud of our history of 30 years of outstanding program and fiscal audit reviews.
ALL ABOUT OUR MISSION
All About Kids is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children and families who need our help by supporting early identification of a child’s developmental needs and their access to quality services. Through intervention we facilitate individual growth and independence in the most natural and least restrictive environment.
ALL ABOUT OUR VISION
All About Kids sees a world where all children have access to intervention allowing them to live a full and rich life without restriction, where parents have access to the information and training they need to support their child’s therapy and special education needs, and where disabilities, therapy, and special education can be openly discussed without stigma.
ALL ABOUT THE JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree for Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant from an accredited program
- New York State Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
ALL ABOUT THE JOB
In general, children who receive occupational therapy are born with physical or mental impairments or were injured and need rehabilitative therapy to return to their normal level of daily function. Through monitored exercises and treatment plans, pediatric occupational therapy assistants work to help children improve in a variety of cognitive and physical areas.
While working under the supervision of a Licensed Occupational Therapist, assistants teach children the correct way to perform movements, stretches, or developmental exercises. Assistants also help manage child records as well as develop therapy plans and goals for each child.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTAs) will:
- Under the direction of a Licensed Occupational Therapist, the individual in this position is responsible for screening, identification, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, intervention, and follow-up services for children with developmental delays and/or disabilities
- Provide adaptive methods and equipment as appropriate to enhance performance.
- Determine appropriateness of child’s response to treatment and consult with licensed occupational therapist concening modifications to therapy plan.
- Work with family members and care givers to help children reach potential and incorporate strategies in daily routines.
- Maintain an accurate record of services provided and submit evaluations and progress reports in a timely manner.
ALL ABOUT THE PERKS
- Work for a company with over 30 years of experience in the field
- Fill up your caseload
- Make your own schedule
- Opportunity for benefits
- Ongoing trainings and webinars offered throughout the year
ALL ABOUT EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
All About Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All About Kids does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sec, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment in decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. M/F/D/V