Account Manager Sales Trainee – New Grad Program
Charlotte, NC Area
Competitive Pay & Benefits – Structured Training Program – Consistent Hours – Stability – Internal Growth Opportunities
Airgas offers a paid salary and full benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation’s leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas’ customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on…
The Sales Trainee must successfully complete an accelerated training program focused on developing both professional selling skills and a working knowledge of our industry, our customers, and our products. The Trainee will develop the ability to sell all Airgas products to his/her customer base. Upon successful completion of the program, the Trainee will be placed in an Account Manager role.
The Account Manager Sales Trainee will enter the sales training program for six (6) months. During this time you will learn about Airgas, our products and our customer base. As a Trainee, you will participate in classroom style training programs (both formal and in-formal), job shadow current Account Managers and Associates as well as attend and observe sales calls. This program is designed to establish a seamless transition for new graduates to become a well-trained, well-prepared Account Manager.
Training will take place at the National Welders Regional Office in Charlotte,NC with additional hands-on training at nearby Airgas locations. Airgas will provide relocation assistance, to accommodate housing during the training period, as well as, for the transition to your final work location, after the training program has been completed. You must be willing to live in the Charlotte, NC area during the entire 6 months training program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Learn the business and develop sales skills (50%)
- Maintains focus on safety in the workplace by complying with company safety procedures and practices
- Attend and successfully complete online and classroom training assignments
- Develops working knowledge of our industry, products and customers
- Learns sales skills by completing sales training program
- Develop and maintain positive work habits that are conducive to sales and profitability growth
- Observes sales process by traveling with existing account managers to attend sales and service calls
- Practices sales process by calling on existing and then new accounts; adhering to established sales steps
- Develops basic knowledge and understanding of financial accounting terms and principals including Gross Margin, Gross Margin %, Operating Income, and EBITDA
Demonstrate practical application of knowledge and skills (50%)
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers
- Develop and execute plans to maintain and grow the existing customer base
- Actively reviews and manages existing customer Accounts Receivable balances to help minimize Airgas working capital investment and financial risk
- Establish and maintain clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer failures, new customer developments and other customer specific information
- Develop and execute plans to improve Airgas market share within the assigned sales territory
- Prepare and deliver effective sales presentations and proposals to prospective customers
- Works closely with local Branch Managers to assist in promoting sales and customer management through retail store locations within assigned geographical area
- Qualifies and pursues sales leads from other parts of the Airgas organization
- Keeps local, regional and national Airgas management informed of territory performance, personal performance and market trends through:
- Development and submission of an annual sales plan for the assigned territory
- Regular and on time submission of required sales and activity reports, including itineraries, call reports, “Hot” prospect lists, account wins and losses and other information as required
- Assists customers in their compliance and training with industry safety standards relating to the products and services that Airgas delivers
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field is preferred. In lieu of degree, may consider additional related experience.
- Prior outside sales/service experience is a plus
- Must have graduated with your bachelors Degree within the previous 0 to 3 years.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of industrial and specialty gases, industrial gas / welding supply sales a plus.
- Working knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Computer literate (i.e. Windows, Word, Excel, email) and ability to acclimate to PC based order entry system and wireless, hand held scanning device.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Reliable transportation, current driver’s license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Employee may occasionally be required to transverse through office, warehouse and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Requires use of computer, telephone and operation of a motor vehicle.
- Regularly required to sit in an automobile for long periods of time.
- Occasionally may be required to move/transport 25 to 75 pounds.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Frequent local travel (75% of work time).
- Minimal overnight travel.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Job requires visitation of customer sites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility.
- Must be able to occasionally work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it constitute an employment agreement.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place