With guidance from leadership the Financial Analyst I position is responsible for analyzing, researching, interpreting and reporting complex financial issues. This position is heavily involved in monthly/quarterly close processes, year-end audit preparation and assigned projects. As a member of the Tenet Healthcare Finance team, this role is expected to support efforts in improving financial processes, ensuring reporting accuracy and building relationships in the organization that achieve these goals.
• Manage, administrate and supervise the Internal and External Labor for all of Tenet Healthcare. Maintain the Data Base files for the Labor.
• Assist with the monthly consolidation and reporting of financial and operational results, ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and System policies and procedures while ensuring the integrity and accuracy of information.
• Analyze monthly payroll reports, Apptio, financial statements and statistics to identify variances between planned and actual transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy as it relates to the consolidated financial statements.
• Research financial/accounting issues and propose changes to Management necessary to maintain the integrity of financial information.
• Complete special projects assigned by the Director of Tenet Healthcare Finance
• Collaborate with the of Tenet Healthcare leadership and translate their vision into technical requirements and subsequent deliverables
• Gather functional and business requirements and rapidly translate that information into a working set of operational and financial models, dashboards, and management reports
• Collaborate with IT Executives and Finance on IT financial metrics, and cost transparency initiatives
• Operationalize data monthly by loading, validating, and reviewing on timely basis
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or Finance or related discipline or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
• Five or more years of advanced experience in accounting, financial and operational analysis or similarly related fields
• Healthcare operations experience, including but not limited to budgeting, planning, and capital management preferred
• Ability to analyze complex accounting and financial issues
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products required
• Excellent organizational skills
• Deadline-oriented and ability to multi-task
• Self-motivated team player with the ability to work independently on special projects and complex assignments
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in a large organization.
• Knowledge of Meditech and Hyperion Enterprise preferred
• Knowledge of IT services and financial management processes and best practices
• Budgeting, cost allocations, capital & operating expense handling, program portfolio management, and application/infrastructure support
• Advanced analytical and big data analysis skills
• Understanding of infrastructure and application domains within IT
• Experience with Apptio is preferred.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple levels of management and staff across the organization
• Experience with Managed Services contracts and programs (vendors, consultants, and/or contractors)
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills for financial modeling and analysis
• Strong to expert level skills and experience in formulaic logic such as MS Excel if statements, vlookup, pivot tables, macros, etc.
• Strong to expert skills in data transformation using MS Excel or Access
• Knowledge and application of relational database concepts
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to executive management audiences
• Good with data analytics and data mining
• Previous experience working with scripting, report building, internal and external labor reporting, etc.
• No certification required; but CPA or CPA candidate preferred