Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Advocates is seeking driven, open-minded professionals to offer clinical and mental support to inmates. The Mental Health Clinician provides evaluations and assessments to all inmates in a forensic mental health setting.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
- Provide comprehensive clinical assessments including inmates placed on suicide watch and those inmates who submit sick call slips.
- Provide ongoing evaluation and psychological monitoring of all inmates on psychiatric medication.
- Screen inmates for possible mental health conditions.
- Respond to crisis calls from jail staff and/or family members.
- Attend daily triage meetings.
- Maintain necessary documentation to include, assessments, watch forms, medication verification sheets, file notes, and treatment plans.
- Assist with segregation, restraint, and Department of Correction evaluations.
- Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling Psychology, or related counseling field and 1-2 years’ experience.
- Current independent license or license eligility with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Social Work (LICSW) or Mental Health Counseling (LMHC).
- Must have working knowledge of current version of the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the population.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Share on your newsfeed