Advocates for Human Potential, Inc. is seeking an Intern for the spring semester of 2022 (or sooner) to help complete project deliverables; support meeting, training, and technical assistance activities; and carry out administrative and logistical tasks.
AHP influences change in health and business systems to support vulnerable populations—from creating policy to ground level, hands-on work. We help organizations and individuals reach their full potential through professional consulting; research, evaluation, and data analytics; technical assistance and training; and virtual solutions, publications, and events.
Our areas of expertise include behavioral health, mental health policy and services, substance use disorders, co-occurring disorders, workforce development, homelessness, housing and employment programs, trauma-informed care, criminal justice, women and children, veterans, health care reform, health information technology, and population health management.
This position entails the following responsibilities:
- Help complete project deliverables
- Assist in the preparation of written and online materials (e.g., reports, guidebooks, planning documents, listserv announcements, presentation slides, online surveys)
- Conduct basic research and literature reviews to support assignments
- Support meeting, training, and technical assistance activities
- Coordinate logistical details of events and meetings (schedule events and meetings, contact speakers, etc.)
- Provide technical support on a variety of online platforms
- Take minutes at internal meetings
- Set-up pre-tests and satisfaction assessments to help determine the effectiveness of training sessions
- Carry out administrative and logistical tasks
- Input data and otherwise maintain tracking systems
- Respond to phone calls and emails
- Maintain websites
- Print, copy, collate, and mail materials
Candidates must display the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proficiency with Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with virtual meeting platforms
- Willingness to learn and use new software as needed
AHP is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.