Do you want to be a part of an agenda-setting, award-winning newsroom that dominates our market and is paving the way for the future of digital news? MassLive is looking for a news reporter to help us break news, attract readers and redefine journalism.
You should apply to our Breaking New Reporter role if you:
- Are a high-energy reporter who can work with efficiency, creativity, accuracy and good judgment
- Really want to be first to report something
- Engage on social media platforms regularly and follow trends
- Are a news junkie with a pulse on the big stories happening at any given time
- Have humility, a sense of humor, relentless curiosity and bring passion to your reporting
- Have skills in digital storytelling via text, photo and video
Job requirements include:
- Degree in journalism, communications, or related field
- Proven talent in journalism reporting and writing
- Experience building, maintaining and engaging an active audience
- Ability to work independently under deadline pressure and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Solid understanding of news writing, journalistic ethics and story structure
- Demonstrated capability in capitalizing on high-value topics by engaging audiences in frequency and urgency
- Mastery of social media and digital interaction
- Skills for utilizing a broad set of tools to tell stories and engage the audience
Advance Local Media offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, flexible holidays and parental leave as well as options for your healthcare.
MassLive.com is one of the largest news and information websites in Massachusetts and was recently recognized as the best news site in New England for 2019 by the New England Newspaper & Press Association. MassLive provides an essential 24/7 news, information and social interaction network. As an organization we aim to inform, engage and entertain, as well as promote active participation in the exchange of news and ideas because knowledge improves people’s lives. We embrace new ideas and innovation.
MassLive.com is a part of Advance Local Media, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 20 cities, reaching 58+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Customer-first, Inclusiveness, Collaboration and Forward-looking. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.