ACCEPT Education Collaborative is a regional non-profit educational organization with locations in Medway and Natick, MA. All administrative offices are located in Natick.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to support our Human Resources department. You will act as the first point of contact for HR-related queries from employees and external partners. Your main administrative duties will include maintaining personnel records, managing HR documents (e.g. employment records, onboarding), processing FMLA, workers compensation, unemployment inquiries and employment verification requests, as well as updating and maintaining internal databases. Our ideal candidate has experience with HR procedures and can juggle various administrative tasks in a timely manner. Ultimately, you will make sure that our HR department supports our employees while conforming to labor laws.
- 1+ years in HR Administrative Assistant or HR Coordinator role
- Experience with HRIS (ADP)
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Proven ability to effectively multitask, meet deadlines and adapt to a fluid, fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Proven ability to work under the direction of a supervisor as well as independently
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and communication skills; tech savvy
- Team player
- Prior experience working in a school, education collaborative or non-profit organization
- Familiarity with payroll (ADP preferred)
- Familiarity with benefits (WSHG is a plus)
- Recruiting experience
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists Director of Human Resources in all administrative aspects of the HR Department
- Handles all internal and external HR related inquiries and requests (e.g. verification of employment, letters of suitability, etc)
- Handles FMLA, workers compensation and ADA requests
- Handles all Department of Labor requests, unemployment claims/questionnaires
- Ensures proper onboarding process by performing all required background checks, including I-9 verification, processing all new hire paperwork. coordinates necessary employee training, originates employee file (paper) and via inputting information into the HRIS
- Maintains the accuracy of the information in the HRIS system at all times (ADP)
- Maintains effective electronic and paper HR record systems that ensure timely retrieval of all relevant information related to employees and any HR related matters
- Works collaboratively with all other support staff in getting the necessary work done effectively, efficiently, and positively
- Ensures proper employee termination process including but not limited to coordinating all system access deactivation, collecting company property, ensuring proper filing of paperwork
- Maintains HRIS system, assist employees with account access issues and requests (ADP)
- Maintains calendars and agendas
- Maintains all Federal and State posting requirements within all of ACCEPT’s locations
- On as-needed basis, may need to assist with recruitment process by managing job postings, performing initial phone screens, scheduling on-site interviews, managing list of vacancies, Applicant Tracking System, and performing reference checks
- Respects confidentiality of the office; handles all matters with discretion
- Performs other administrative support functions as necessary
- Participates in special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Occasional travel to other collaborative locations
- Other related duties as assigned
Work Environment: This work is performed in an office/school environment with an acceptable level of noise.
This is not a remote position.
This is not a school calendar position. This is an all year round position.
*ACCEPT Education Collaborative is an equal employment opportunity employer. ACCEPT provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ACCEPT Education Collaborative is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled