While Summer can be relaxing and enjoyable, it also comes with a lot more free time. As classes stop, you have a lot more time to focus on you and your professional goals!
Here are 5 things to do this Summer to aid your professional success:
- Make an appointment with the CDIC. Over the Summer, we are still open Monday – Friday 8:30-4:30! Whether it is a quick question or a full 30 minute meeting, we are here an happy to help! We can help you with any professional goals.
- Make a Handshake account/ update it. Even if you are just starting out in college, Handshake can help you find internships, part-time positions, and a full-time position after school. It is important to make sure that your profile is active and up to date so employers can see your latest developments and so you get comfortable with the system now while you have more free-time to navigate it. We also use Handshake to register events, sign up for on-campus interviews, and book appointments so it is a very useful tool to explore!
- Make a LinkedIn account/ update it. LinkedIn is a power tool that can connect you with your peers, professors, employers, alumni, and beyond. Even if you are not currently searching for a position, you will need to in the future to it is good to get accustomed to how the platform works. Connect with the CDIC on LinkedIn for important updates, events, and more!
- Create/Update your Resume. Did you start a new position this summer? Add it to your resume! Employers will always want to see your latest developments. We can help you build a professional resume via email, Handshake, or appointment.
- Explore the CDIC Edge website. We have lots of resources at your disposal on the CDIC Edge website. We have How To Videos, resume and cover letter guidelines, featured job postings, blogs, and more! Visit the site often to aid your professional development!
Questions? Email email@example.com and we are happy to help!
Have a great Summer Hounds!