Congratulations on making it through the semester, Hounds! You have all earned a few weeks of rest and relaxation before the spring semester starts up.
This downtime is the perfect opportunity to take important steps in your career/internship/post-graduate preparation, or to explore majors and fields that might be a fit for you. Whether you’re interested in exploring your options, finding a spring/summer internship, preparing your graduate school applications, or diving into the job search, here are a few ways you can make the most out of your winter break:
- Network with family members (let everyone know what you are interested in!)
- Work on your resume/cover letters (head to CDICEdge for samples)
- Explore job and internship opportunities (search the many resources available to you on Career Connection and CDICEdge)
- Practice interview skills using Big Interview
- Explore career options using Focus2
These are small but very important steps that you can take right now to make sure you stay on track for success over break. The CDIC is open through break with office hours from 8:30-4:30 Monday – Friday. We are available for in-person appointments as well as Skype and email appointments.
If you have any questions or want to set up an appointment, feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us at 508-767-7227.
Have a great break!